PARALEGAL JOB DESCRIPTION Posted: October 1, 2019
SunEast Development LLC, a major developer of utility-scale solar PV projects in the eastern U.S., seeks a Paralegal in its Malvern, PA office to assist the General Counsel with real estate transactions, contract management, corporate matters, and support of early stage development and ongoing asset management of large-scale solar projects.
· Lead due diligence tracking, legal document processing and project status reporting for pipeline of real properties proposed or under option for solar project sites
· Support project developers with research and investigation of land and landowners
· Liason with landowners, title companies, corporate services companies and surveyors to obtain information (i.e., title commitments, APNs, vested ownership, etc.) and coordinate recordation of documents
· Review, track status of and file title reports, surveys, LOIs, proposals, estoppels, SNDAs, affidavits, etc.
· Act as lead in tracking executed land documents, amendments, extensions, terminations, and exercise notices including all due diligence dates, delivery dates, material obligations, options, option payments, credits, etc.
· Assist in preparation and upkeep of various tracking spreadsheets and documents in connection
· Track and generate option notice and payment spreadsheets
· Perform special projects as assigned by land team and other managers as appropriate
Key Job Skills:
· Ability to work independently and follow through on discrete projects with limited scope
· Highly proficient in MS Excel and MS Word, including use of advanced features
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to read and understand legal documents, real estate contracts, and letters of intent
· Resourcefulness, a meticulous eye to detail, and investigative skills are essential
· Strong analytical and organizational skills with ability to read and analyze large amounts of project data
· Self-motivated, possesses eagerness to learn and take initiative
Required Job Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree / Paralegal certificate preferred
· Minimum of 3 years of real estate / business experience including knowledge of title insurance
· Experience working with and manipulating GIS databases a plus
About SunEast Development LLC:
Founded in 2012, SunEast Development LLC is a privately held clean energy development company with offices in Old Saybrook, CT and Malvern, PA. SunEast is managing the development of over 800 MWs of solar projects in ten states. SunEast manages the full spectrum of the solar development process including strategic site assessment, land origination, project design, interconnection, permitting, offtake contracting, and site engineering for solar projects ranging from 2 MWs to 80 MWs in the New York ISO, ISO New England and the PJM Interconnection markets.
In November 2018, SunEast Development LLC announced the closing of a development capital raise from a private equity fund managed by New Energy Capital Partners, LLC. The capital funding will support the continued development of a 105 MWac solar portfolio acquired by SunEast in June 2018, and further accelerate the company’s solar development and acquisition efforts in the eastern United States with a target portfolio of over 1,000 MW by 2021.