PROJECT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION Posted: November 8, 2019
SunEast Development LLC, a major developer of utility-scale solar PV projects in the eastern U.S., seeks a Solar Project Development Manager based out of our Malvern, PA office. This motivated candidate will be responsible for the land and project development of a variety of large-scale solar projects in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States. Responsibilities include locating and contracting with landowners, managing projects through development, including due diligence and permitting, as well as managing project developers. The candidate should possess renewable energy industry project development experience, strong organizational and communication skills, leadership abilities, a focus on detail, and effective problem-solving skills.
· Lead and work closely with other team members to generate new project opportunities through research, networking, account profiling, and other market penetration strategies.
· Manage and lead all aspects of development activities, including site origination and control, schedules, permitting, due diligence, scope of project, resources and budgets.
· Manage consultants and external vendors project contracts and work product.
· Prioritize, coordinate, review and track development timelines and deliverables with all stakeholders.
· Manage project development budget and milestones to achieve on time and at or under cost.
· Manage development of site layouts.
· Prepare and submit land use permitting applications, due diligence requirements, etc.
· Foster support from local county and city governmental agencies, community groups and neighbors.
· Attend and present project information at permitting, community or other meetings.
· Interface directly with landowners, investors and other project stakeholders.
· Research, conduct analysis, produce reports and present information to management.
· Compile and analyze financial data for project stakeholders.
· Manage and oversee Developer activities.
· Travel to project site locations and meetings as required.
Key Job Skills:
· Consistent customer focus, both internal and external.
· Excellent problem solving skills and quick reaction time in a changing environment.
· Detail-oriented, resourceful, and able to manage multiple and shifting priorities.
· Flexible, smart, analytical, and personable.
· Self-starter who can independently complete tasks ahead of schedule.
· Ability to articulate complex issues in a succinct and cohesive manner in both verbal and written communication.
· 5+ years of work experience in renewable energy - solar project management or development experience a plus.
· Bachelor's degree required with a preference in business, economics, finance, environmental or engineering.
· Master’s degree a plus.
· Proven track record of project management, land development and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholder.
· Proven ability to understanding finance and energy markets.
· Proven people management/leadership.
· Solid understanding of market strategy and ability to assess market segments.
· Good financial acumen, including working knowledge of project-based financial models.
· Excellent communication, presentation and computer skills.
· Strong ability to manage multiple tasks and adhere to deadlines.
About SunEast Development LLC:
Founded in 2012, SunEast Development LLC is a privately held clean energy development company with offices in Malvern, PA and Old Saybrook, CT. SunEast is managing the development of over 800 MWs of solar projects in ten states. SunEast manages the full spectrum of the solar development process including strategic site assessment, land origination, project design, interconnection, permitting, offtake contracting, and site engineering for solar projects ranging from 2 MWs to 80 MWs in the New York ISO, ISO New England and the PJM Interconnection markets.
In November 2018, SunEast Development LLC announced the closing of a development capital raise from a private equity fund managed by New Energy Capital Partners, LLC. The capital funding will support the continued development of a 105 MWAC solar portfolio acquired by SunEast in June 2018, and further accelerate the company’s solar development and acquisition efforts in the eastern United States with a target portfolio of over 1,000 MW by 2021.